Hyperledger is an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. It is a global collaboration hosted by The Linux Foundation. IBM came to Verma seeking help changing public perception of Hyperledger. Considerable portions of the market mistakenly believed that Hyperledger is owned/controlled by IBM rather than open governance. This misunderstanding created a significant obstacle to Hyperledger Fabric becoming a widespread choice of blockchain architecture. Changing the market perception that Hyperledger = IBM required winning over the blockchain community.
Urge influencers outside of IBM to describe Hyperledger as an openly governed community, with IBM as one of many members and contributors. This was done by:
1. Planning and executing influencer recruitment campaigns
– Videocast of Influencers
– Creating blog content to drive awareness
2. Promoting IBM activities at SXSW on social
3. Content creation for influencer marketing
4. Getting Hyperledger and other companies to publicly assert that Hyperledger is an openly governed community and that its open governance is a significant benefit of choosing Hyperledger.
Market perceives Hyperledger as a true openly governed community and IBM as a contributor rather than an owner.